Molecular weight standard specially designed for electrophoretic analysis of small DNA fragments on high percentage agarose (2-3%) and non-denaturing polyacrylamide (8-16%) gels. Ideal for sizing of PCR products and short double-stranded DNA fragments. M100-500 ready-to-use DNA ladder contain purified blunt-ended PCR products. The ladder is premixed with 6x Green DNA Loading Dye for direct loading onto agarose and non-denaturing polyacrylamide gels.The optimized 6x Green DNA Loading Dye contains two electrophoresis tracking dyes: orange G and xylene cyanol FF. Orange G migrates at approximately 50 bp on a standard 1% TAE or TBE agarose gels, whereas xylene cyanol FF migrates at approx. 4 kbp.
- M100-500 ready-to-use DNA Ladder (500 µl)
- 6x Green DNA Loading Dye (500 µl)
- ready-to-use - premixed with 6x Green DNA Loading Dye for direct loading onto agarose and non-denaturing polyacrylamide gels
- allow precise sizing of small DNA fragments
- easy-to-remember band sizes (differing from each other in the same step size - 100 bp)
- produce sharp bands during gel electrophoresis
- can be visualized under UV light after ethidium bromide, SYBR Green or SYBR Gold staining
- loading dye solution is included
DNA fragment lengths (bp):
500, 400, 300, 200, 100
10 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.6), 0.005% xylene cyanol FF, 0.025% orange G, 2.5% Ficoll® 400 and 10 mM EDTA
6x Green DNA Loading Dye (supplied with the ladder)
20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.6), 0.03% xylene cyanol FF, 0.15% orange G, 15% Ficoll® 400 and 60 mM EDTA
- we recommend loading 10 µl of ready-to-use DNA ladder per gel lane
- do not heat before loading
- mix 1 volume of the dye with 5 volumes of the DNA sample
- tested in appropriate gel electrophoresis
- the absence of nucleases is confirmed by appropriate tests
Store at room temperature or at 4°C. For longer periods, store at -20°C.
Manufacturer: BLIRT S.A.