EXTRAzol is a ready-to-use reagent for the isolation of total RNA from various biological materials such as animal and plant tissues (rich in polysaccharides and proteoglycans), cell culture and bacterial cells.
Using EXTRAzol a biological sample is homogenized or lysed before being separated into three phases: an aqueous phase (upper), an organic phase (lower) and an interphase. The RNA remains in the aqueous phase and its purification is followed by precipitation in isopropyl alcohol. The highly effective RNase inhibitory property of EXTRAzol protects the integrity of the RNA during lysis and results in the isolation of high-quality material (high RIN and S28/S18 values). EXTRAzol contains phenol and the mixture of other reagents to ensure optimal results.
1 ml of EXTRAzol is sufficient to isolate total RNA from 1x 10^7 cells or 100 mg of tissue. The isolation method is fast and easy to carry. RNA isolation obtained by using EXTRAzol provides reliable results in the gene expression based studies using such applications as synthesis of cDNA, real-time RT-PCR, microarrays, hybridization assays, in vitro translation.
- quick isolation of high-quality total RNA, DNA and/or protein from a single sample
- performs well with large or small amounts of tissue or cells
- ready-to-use solution
- purified RNA is ideal for any downstream application such as RT-PCR, in vitro translation, Northern blotting, RNase protection assays or dot blot hybridization
- purified DNA can be used for PCR and Southern blotting
- purified protein can be used for Western blotting
Manufacturer: BLIRT S.A.